Schulthess Image Film: moving pictures from Wolfhausen
From tinsmith to leading provider of washing machines and dryers – the Schulthess success story:
- 1845 Founding of the Kaspar Schulthess tinsmith works in Zurich
- 1904 Production of the first washing machine
- 1917 Move to the factory in Wolfhausen ZH
- 1949 Discover of punched card control system for washing machines
- 1951 Production of the first automatic household washing machine in Europe
- 1978 Launch of an automatic washing machine with microprocessor
- 1991 Takeover of Merker AG, Baden
- 2000 Takeover of Alpha-Innotec GmbH, Kasendorf (D), and of the Calmotherm AG, Altishofen (CH)
- 2013 Launch of the new WMI commercial machines
- 2015 Launch of the NEW Spirit generation
Discover two exciting centuries of laundry history in our Schulthess museum (group tours).
You can obtain further information from the marketing department.
Telephone +41 55 253 51 11