Schulthess Maschinen AG produces washing machines and dryers for private households, apartment blocks and for businesses and industry. Our company has been in existence for over 170 years; just under 60 years ago Schulthess launched the first automatic household washing machine in Europe. We have kept this pioneering role up – even today our machines belong to the market leaders.
Schulthess Maschinen AG is a Swiss company with tradition and has always been committed to Switzerland as a production location: Schulthess machines are developed and produced with pride and commitment in Wolfhausen in the Zurich Oberland. Our long years of experience, the latest technology and, not least, great professionalism and instinctive flair go into the manufacture and assembly.
Schulthess: Experts in laundry care.
Schulthess Image Film: moving pictures from Wolfhausen
From tinsmith to leading provider of washing machines and dryers – the Schulthess success story:
- 1845 Founding of the Kaspar Schulthess tinsmith works in Zurich
- 1904 Production of the first washing machine
- 1917 Move to the factory in Wolfhausen ZH
- 1949 Discover of punched card control system for washing machines
- 1951 Production of the first automatic household washing machine in Europe
- 1978 Launch of an automatic washing machine with microprocessor
- 1991 Takeover of Merker AG, Baden
- 2000 Takeover of Alpha-Innotec GmbH, Kasendorf (D), and of the Calmotherm AG, Altishofen (CH)
- 2013 Launch of the new WMI commercial machines
- 2015 Launch of the NEW Spirit generation
Discover two exciting centuries of laundry history in our Schulthess museum (group tours).
You can obtain further information from the marketing department.
Telephone +41 55 253 51 11